Course Details (B.Com -General)
Duration: 3 Years
B.Com. or Bachelor of Commerce is an undergraduate commerce course.
Mostly the duration of Bachelor of Commerce Degree spans over a period of 3 years. The degree
provides the students with a wide range of managerial skills and competence in an area of
Commerce. It equips students with the knowledge of accounting principles, export and import
laws, economic policies and other aspects that impacts trade and business.
B.Com. Course Eligibility
- Students with 50% in H.S.C. examinations (10+2) from a recognized Education Board with
Science, Arts or Commerce stream can opt for Bachelor of Commerce.
- Students who have studied Commerce in 10+2 are given preference over others.
- Foreign students, who want to pursue an undergraduate course in management, would have to
pass the GCE "A" level or any other examination equivalent to +2 systems of education (12
years of schooling).
The medium of instruction shall be English.
B.Com Syllabus click here
B.Com. Course Suitability
- Students with a wide range of managerial skills while at the same time build competence in an area are suitable for it.
- They should have skills related to sectors like financial services, banking, business, industry,
management, entrepreneurial ventures, law, hotel management and government services are
suitable for the course.
- It is suitable for Commerce students; they can also take up CA, CMA and other courses along
with B.Com in NDC, Bangalore.
How is B.Com Course Beneficial?
- Candidates who have completed B.Com have a High Employment Rate as there is no business
which does not require a Manager or a Commerce Specialist to manage the financial aspects of
their respective businesses. All the companies registered under the Companies Act, are required
to get their accounts audited only by practicing Chartered Accountants because of which
accountants never run out of a job.
- A qualified Chartered Accountant also has the option of joining the Government Service, Public
Sector undertakings or taking up a lucrative assignment in the private sector. As the businesses
are expanding globally with the use of latest technology, there is a growing requirement for
qualified and trained individuals to look after the day to day business operations successfully.
|B.Com. Employment Areas
||Budget Planning Bodies
|Foreign Trade Centres
|Investment Banking Sectors
|Merchant Banking Centres
||Public Accounting Firms
|Working Capital Management
||Policy Planning Bodies
|Public Accounting Firms
||Treasury and Forex Departments and many
|B.Com. Job Types
||Certified Public Accountant
|Chartered Management Accountant
||Marketing Manager and many more…