Course Details (B.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
Duration: 3 Years
B.Sc. PCM or Bachelor of Science in Physics Chemistry Mathematics is an undergraduate
Physics course. Physics is a natural science that involves the study of matter and its motion
through space time, along with related concepts such as energy and force. More broadly, it is
general analysis of nature, conducted to understand how the universe behaves.
In chemistry is more specialized, being concerned with the composition, behavior, structure, and
properties of matter, as well as the changes it undergoes during chemical reactions, which
various substances, atoms, molecules, crystals and other aggregates of matter whether in
isolation or combination and which incorporates the concepts of energy and entropy in relation
the spontaneity of chemical processes. Mathematics is the study of quantity, structure, space,
change. Mathematicians seek out patterns, and formulate new conjectures. The degree course is
very important and valuable as it is job orienting in nature that opens wide spread scopes for
candidates after its completion not only in educational field but also many other areas.
B.Sc. PCM Eligibility
- For seeking admission to the B.Sc. PCM, candidates must have completed their higher
secondary examination in science stream and they must have secured good percentage of
marks in the physics examination at their 10+2 level.
- Foreign students, who want to pursue an undergraduate course in B.Sc., would
have to pass the GCE "A" level or any other examination equivalent to +2 systems
education (12 years of schooling).
The medium of instruction shall be English..
B.Sc. Physics Syllabus click here
B.Sc. Chemistry Syllabus click here
B.Sc. Mathematics Syllabus click here
B.Sc. PCM Course Suitability
- It is essential that a physicist be proficient with mathematics. You don't have to know
everything-that's impossible-but you do have to be comfortable with mathematical
concepts and how to apply them.
- Second, you should take as much high school and college mathematics as you can
reasonably fit into your schedule. Especially, take the entire run of algebra,
geometry/trigonometry, and calculus courses available, including Advanced Placement
courses if you qualify.
- Those who have team work spirit, habit of working and can work for long hours also can
go for the course.
- They should have problem solving skills such as analytical approach to problem-solving,
use imagination and creativity to try new approaches to solve challenging problems.
- Those having the capacity of problem-solving, examining, interpreting results and
making evaluations based on limited information are the good suit for this.
How is B.Sc. PCM Course Beneficial?
- This course enables the students to integrate their knowledge with computer science,
electronics, chemistry and mathematics. On completion of this course, students will be
able to get enough knowledge to excel in educational and in industrial areas. Candidates
have teaching options both at high school and elementary level.
- They can also find employment in academic institutions and government research
organizations along with in industries such as aerospace, engineering, manufacturing, oil
and gas, space exploration and telecommunications.
- Candidates have many career opportunities in scientific research-related places. Other
popular areas of work included other technical occupations, business and finance,
commercial, industrial and public sector management and education.
- Second, other areas are the scientific, technical and numerical-based roles for chemistry
graduates, a small proportion chose to enter very different areas, including marketing,
sales and advertising; arts, design and sport; and social and welfare professions.
|B.Sc. PCM Employment Areas
|Atomic and Molecular physics
||Government Jobs (state/central)
|B.Sc. PCM Job Types
|Physics Home Tutor
||Physics Degree Lecturer
||Research Assistant/Associate and Lab Leader
|Researcher & Accountant