BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
Department of Science and computer Application established in the year 2017, with the objective of promoting new areas of science and technology to play the vital role of nodal department for an organization . The department is coordinating and promoting science and computer application activities. The department has major responsibilities for specific development projects and scientific programs.
Duration of the Course:
Durations of the undergraduate programmes shall extend over FOUR semesters (TWO academic years) for the Associate Degree (Advance Diploma), SIX semesters (Three academic years) for the regular Bachelor Degree.3
SCHEME OF STUDY:
- There shall be five theory papers and two practical from first semester to fourth semester.
- There will be five theory, two practical and one project in fifth semester. There will be four theory, one practical and one project in sixth semester.
- The project work shall be carried out either independently or jointly (maximum of three students)
- Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction shall be English.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
- At the end of each semester there be University Examination of three hours duration in each of the theory paper/practical.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- A candidate who has passed the two years Pre-University Examination conducted by the Pre-University Education Board in Karnataka or +2 course from a recognised board in India.
- A candidate who has passed JODC / Three years Diploma in Engineering of Government of Karnataka or any other examination considered as equivalent thereto shall be eligible for admission.
- Any student who has passed PUC –II Science, Arts or Commerce securing a minimum of 35% OF MARKS.
Any student who has passed JODC or Diploma in Egg. (of three year duration of Govt. of Karnataka) with minimum of 35% of marks in aggregate in all the semester /years.