Course Details (BCA)
Duration: 3 Years
B.C.A. or Bachelor of Computer Applications is an undergraduate Information Technology
course. Computer Applications or Application software is computer software designed to helps
the user to perform singular or multiple related specific tasks. The duration of Bachelor of
Computer Applications is three years, divided into six semesters. The course provides sound
practical skills addressing problems which arise from computer systems and application
- Bachelor of Computer Science requires a candidate to have passed HSC (10+2) exam
from any stream with English as passing subject with minimum 45% marks at 12th
- Foreign students, who want to pursue an undergraduate course in management, would
have to pass the GCE "A" level or any other examination equivalent to +2 systems of
education (12 years of schooling).
|Some of B.C.A. Specializations
|Programming Languages C, C++, Java.
|Data Communication and NetWork
The medium of instruction shall be English
B.C.A. Syllabus click here
B.C.A. Course Suitability
- They should possess good interpersonal and communication skills, good browsing
techniques and other its related things.
- To pursue further studies to get specialization in Computer Science and Applications,
Economics, Mathematics, business administration
- To pursue the career in corporate sector can opt for MBA.
- To Work in the IT sector as programmer, system engineer, software tester, junior
programmer, web developer, system administrator, software developer etc.
- To work in public sector undertakings and Government Organisations For teaching in
Schools and Colleges.
- Candidates must be known of parts of the Windows desktop, They should have good
typing speed skills which are necessary both during the course and career.
- Those who want to pursue their Master’s degree in the very subject also are suitable for
How is B.C.A. Course Beneficial?
- The course provides a sound academic base from which an advanced career in Computer
- Application can be developed. Bachelors in computer application students have a bright
future in the IT field as they can take up ample jobs as Programmers and grow to become
- B.C.A. also paves way for a post-graduation in the relevant field which is always
- B.C.A. provides a substantial understanding of concepts in key areas of Computer
- They can seek jobs both in public and private sectors, banking, insurance, accounting,
stock markets, e-commerce and marketing.
|B.C.A. Employment Areas
||Software Developing Companies
|Web Designing Companies
||Systems Management Companies
|e-Commerce & Marketing Sector and many
|B.C.A. Job Types
||Teacher & lecturer
|Chief Information Officer
||Computer Systems Analyst
||Computer Support Service Specialist
|Information Systems Manager
|Computer Presentation Specialist
||Software Developer and many more…